Friday, September 24, 2010

Bead It


I made an interesting discovery when making this card. For something different, I stamped and heat embossed the witch with clear ink and sticky embossing powder, with the intention of adhering microbeads to the stamped image. To my disappointment, the ink dried too quickly for all of the embossing powder to stick to the paper. I believe that the weight and quality of the cardstock will be a factor to consider when heat embossing. To solve the problem, I applied a tacky glue to the "bald spots" and added more microbeads where necessary.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Papers: black & purple cardstock & patterned papers (stash)
Inks: Versamark, Colorbox Blackberry & Charcoal
Accessories: ribbon (Michael's), Spellbinders Scalloped Circles, small circle punch (?)

No comments: