Monday, August 30, 2010

Distress Inks on Glossy Paper


Experimenting is always good. I was curious to see how the inks would work on glossy paper, but found the foam applicator would not glide across this type of paper. I changed my method of application by using a sea sponge and was quite pleased with the results. To soften the background I spritzed it with water. This "blotchy" look cannot be achieved with other dye inks. Lastly I stamped the 4 images with Soot Distress Ink in an effort to keep the black colour consistent. Because I stamped the images last, there was no concern that the black Distress Ink would be smeared when creating the blended and spritzed background.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamps: witch (Penny Black), sentiment & moon (Impression Obsession), border (Sandy Lion)
Paper: glossy cardstock (compliments of Wendy B.)
Inks: Distress Wild Honey, Marigold, Pumice and Soot
Accessories: sea sponge (stash)

No comments: