Friday, July 15, 2011

A Bird of a Different Feather


This is my version of an idea I found online. I used a doily stamp to create the pattern on the bird. The Distress Embossing Powder gives it texture. Love this idea! The paper flower was coloured with Glimmer Mist. At first I found the mist too light, so I dipped it in the excess mist which had pooled on my craft sheet. I was annoyed with how the flower soaked up the mist and turned quite dark. However, once dried, the flower was lighter in colour and complimented my card.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamp: Basic Grey Doily
Papers: cardstock (Bazzill Tall Pines), patterned (BG Stella Ruby & 7Gypsies)
Ink: Distress Antique Linen, Encore Metallic Gold
Accessories: Spellbinders (Standard Circles Large, Lacey Circles), Sizzix/Tim Holtz Bird Cage Bigz Die, Olive Vine Glimmer Mist, Distress Antique Linen embossing powder, pearl (Kaiser, coloured with Pilot Permanent Gold Marker), paper flower (Kaiser)

No comments: