Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Direct to Paper with Distress Inks

This is another simply way to use Distress Inks. I wanted to create a weathered wooden background. I started by cutting my kraft cardstock 4 X 5 1/4" and scored it every 1/2". I wanted the raised lines to be emphasized with the ink, so I dragged my Distress Ink pad from top to bottom on the left hand side of the embossed piece of paper. After turning the paper 180 degrees, I dragged the same ink pad, in the same way, to colour the other side of the piece of paper. This can be continued until you get the coverage you desire. This was my solution for having this style of background paper without having to buy a whole pad of paper to get the sheet I wanted! I also directly applied Pumice Ink to the paper I used to matte the rooster image and to stamp the ticket; I didn't have a coordinating colour of cardstock. Rooster and ticket images were stamped in Versafine Onyx ink, to get a more crisp result. Distress Markers were used to colour the rooster's small parts so that they coordinated with the Distress Inks used. The ticket was left blank so I can fill it in with the appropriate "birthday number" for the card recipient.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamps: tag (Stamper's Anonymous), rooster (Anna Griffen), chicken wire (JudiKins)
Papers: kraft cardstock (Bazzill), white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
Inks: Distress (Fired Brick, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen), Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Distress Markers (Wild Honey, Fired Brick)

No comments: