Friday, July 6, 2012

First Step to Distress

This card idea is a great way to start using your Distress Inks and get a feel for the product and its application. Merely cut a strip of white cardstock (I thought 1 1/2" in width was appropriate in size) and colour it with two different inks. I used one of the same colours of Distress Ink to stamp the background image. Then I stamped my focal image in Versafine black over the entire strip. Finally I stamped my sentiment in the same black ink, after adhering the strip to the card front. Your choice of inks, background stamp and focal image will make your card(s) uniquely your own design.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamps: floral (Inkadinkado), background (Stampington & Co.), sentiment (My Sentiments Exactly)
Paper: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
Inks: Distress (Milled Lavender, Bundled Safe), Versafine Onyx

No comments: