Monday, June 6, 2011

Negative, In a Good Way


For this card I used a Crafter's Workshop Template to dry emboss white cardstock. I fed the sandwich through my Big Shot as I would an embossing folder, however, paper shims were required. I used folded pieces of text paper as shims and found that different weights of cardstock warrant different numbers of shims. You can keep feeding the sandwich through the Big Shot until you get the definition you desire. The numbers were cut out of the dry embossed paper using number dies. I layered the negative of the dry embossed paper over coloured cardstock to make the focal point of my card pop.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Papers: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific), coloured cardstocks (Bazzill)
Accessories: Crafter's Workshop Template, number dies (Papertrey Ink), ribbon (Doodlebug)

No comments: