Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Distress Inks

I have fallen in love with a product that's been around for some time. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the properties of Ranger Distress Inks. These dye inks have a slower drying time than other dye inks, making them easily blendable. With the Inkssentials blending tool that has a foam pad, I was able to work the ink towards the centre of the card, achieving a dry brushed effect around the edges of my card. As seen here, better coverage is achieved when using this ink to stamp, than with other dye inks. Over the next little while, I will continue to make cards using these inks to show you many of the colours they come in and ways in which they can be used.

Natalie

Card Recipe
Stamp: Hero Arts
Papers: white cardstock (Georgia Pacific), patterned paper (Junkitz)
Ink: Distress Broken China
Accessories: Inkssentials Tool & Foam Pad, ribbon (Fabricland)

No comments: